PolyNaut® has a unique combination of properties which are capable of revolutionising cancer therapy:
- Improved efficacy of bioactive molecules, lowering IC50;
- Improved selectivity for cancer cells and less toxicity on healthy cells;
- Minimised emergence of drug resistance;
3) PolyNaut® has tuneable surface properties allowing highly specific tumour targeting;
4) PolyNaut® has a unique combination of properties which are capable of revolutionising brain cancer therapy;
5) PolyNaut® has shown more effectiveness in reducing tumour size when compared with other currently used cancer treatments;
The unique capabilities of PolyNaut® have been exploited to transport bioactive molecules into the brain. This is achieved by targeting the Low Density Lipoprotein Receptor-Related Protein 1 (LRP-1) receptor. This has been shown using a fluorescent bioactive molecule, demonstrating PolyNaut® enables the efficient delivery of macromolecules into the brain cells.